Saturday, May 18, 2013

Normans

Here is my first unit of Norman foot knights. Archers, mounted knights, and infantry on the way.
The unit leader, banner barer, and musician are from Perry miniatures and the rest are from Conquest Games.
I based them individually as I would like to use them for some SAGA games in the future but made the bases small enough to go on movement trays so I can use them for any rules set.
As for the shield designing, based on my research, it is thought that they where either to show that a man was fighting with a specific unit or just individual taste as heraldry had not been really developed yet. I chose to the former of the two and went with a golden dragon on a green or red field. I chose to do green and red because in SAGA the number of elite units is very small so this would allow me to field two distinct units.














No comments: